No question is too big or small when it comes to your pet’s health care!
My pet is scheduled for a surgical procedure at your clinic. What should I expect on the day of the surgery?
You can expect the following protocols for your pet’s safety:
- We ask that your pet does not have anything to eat after
7pmon the night before the scheduled surgical procedure. Water is okay, but no food after 7pm.
- When scheduling the appointment, the receptionist will schedule you a time to drop your pet off between 8am-9am.
- When you arrive, a staff member will check you in, go over and have you sign a surgical consent form.
- If a consultation is necessary and scheduled (it isn’t always needed), a technician will bring you into an exam room to have you meet with the doctor.
- If you are also a new client, or if you are a client but have a new patient, please click here to learn more about what you will need to provide us with upon check-in.
- To be updated on your pet and to be given a discharge time for your pet, we ask that you call the office any time after 2 pm.
- Upon pick up, a technician will review the post-op care handout with you, answer all of your questions, and explain any medications that are being sent home, as well as schedule any follow-up appointments if necessary.
Where on Route 1 are you located?
We are located on Route 1 in Portsmouth, in between Market Basket and Water Country, across from the Service Credit Union.
How much is my appointment going to cost?
Cost varies depending on many different variables, including but not limited to, type of treatment needed, type of animal, etc. Please call us for an estimate. Please keep in the mind that the estimate that you receive is just an estimation. The total cost is subject to decrease or increase depending on what the doctor concludes after examining your pet and talking with you. Feel free to ask your doctor or technician when you are in the exam room for a more accurate quote once the plan of action is determined.
Do I have to pay at the time of visit?
Do you offer any kind of payment plan?
How do I know what vaccinations my pet needs?
Puppy and Kitten Care: puppies and kittens under 1 year of age.
Wellness Care: Adult dog or cat over 1 year of age.
Senior Pet Care: Senior dog or cat 7 years of age or older.
If you have a question as to which vaccinations your pet is currently up to date on, please either call our office, or log in to your pet’s online Pet Portal.
My cat is only indoor, why does she need a rabies vaccination?
One of your staff members mentioned that I would be able to go online to view my pets records, and even print out an ID card to bring to my groomer, how do I do that?
If you have an updated e-mail address on file with us, you will just have to log in to your pet’s patient portal.